Like and subscribe to see all our latest content! Turn on post notifications to be updated every time we upload!
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Jn 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
A. Dad opening gap in fence
1. Lifting heavy wood
2. Elijah in the wilderness
B. Ephesians 1:18–19 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might.
1. To turn the other cheek
2. To bear one another’s burdens
3. Take the gospel to the whole world
C. Php 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
A. Places you can go with dad but not by yourself
1. Legion field
2. Starbucks on Broad after hours
B. End of Moses life:
1. Daniel in lions den
2. Dt 20:1–4 “When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you. 2“When you are approaching the battle, the priest shall come near and speak to the people. 3“He shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, 4for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’
3. Drives Out Fear
4. Jos 1:7–9 “Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go. 8“This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. 9“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
A. Sometimes dad is willing to let you endure bumps and bruises
1. Wants you to learn and get stronger
B. 1 Co 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
1. Joseph in Egypt
IV. Worth Waiting For
A. Have to wait until dad gets home
B. Is 40:31 Yet those who wait for the Lord Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
A. Ever go around checking closets for burglar?
1. Everybody hide, dad will check it out
B. Ps 4:8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety.