A Mother’s Faith
I. Generations of Faith
A. Teach your children
1. Acts 16:1–2 Paul came also to Derbe and to Lystra. And a disciple was there, named Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer, but his father was a Greek, 2 and he was well spoken of by the brethren who were in Lystra and Iconium.
2. Dt 4:9–10
B. What should you tell them?
1. Psa 78:4 We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done.
C. Benefits of mother’s teaching
1. Prov 6:20
II. Become convinced of
A. 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
B. Convince your children – repetition
1. Pr 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
2. Eph 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
C. Knowing from whom you learned them
1. Earn their trust
2. Mt 5:14–16
III. Known the Sacred Writings
A. From childhood – when should you start?
1. 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2. Mt 19:13–14
B. Teach them what Bible is and how to use it
1. Dt 11:19