In June of 1932, a two week gospel meeting in the community of Signal Hills was the beginning point in the congregation of the church of Christ at Mountain Creek in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The gospel meeting was held in a rented store building and was supported by a group of faithful members of the Northside congregation. During that gospel meeting, seventeen persons responded to the invitation of Jesus Christ. Thus, with the few members already living in the Signal Hills community, the Mountain Creek congregation had its beginning.
The congregation later purchased an old store building to use as a permanent meeting place. The building was expanded and altered until it was completely outgrown.
On August 2, 1969, work began on a new building for the then Signal Hills congregation. Worship commenced in the new structure on January 25, 1970.Again the congregation outgrew its physical facilities and in 1975 the congregation moved to its present location at 985 Runyan Drive. Much work has been accomplished and many members have passed through the doors in the 66 years of this congregation’s existence.
Today, our congregation is experiencing a growing youth program, a thriving ministry for the deaf, and is developing a program for sustained congregational and personal growth in Christ. Although much has been accomplished, much remains to be done.